Self Protection for High School Women
Heading to College
Designed for young women heading off on the next chapter in their lives, this course consists of two 1.5-hour sessions designed to offer practical insight on self protection. A combination of classroom style presentation and training in basic self defense applications you’ll learn:
- How to present yourself in a way that deters predators
- Simple practices to reduce the chances of assault
- How to apply situational awareness and threat assessment in daily life
- Fundamental concepts of self defense including distance, striking and improvised weapons
- How to identify and leverage inherent weaknesses in an assailant’s body
Classes will be small - up to 20 women at a time - with direct hands-on application of concepts. Courses are available first-come, first-served. Please plan to wear regular clothing - no skirts or dresses please. Cost is $20 for the entire session.
Courses will be held at Aikido of Norwalk, 2nd Floor, 16 Commerce St., Norwalk, CT.
You may reserve as spot at either the July or August session (see registration form below).